Where do I return items?
- Library materials can be returned to the Bookdrop at any time.
- Returned items are quarantined for 96 hours before staff handles items for check in and re-shelving. You may notice this delay of 4-7 days when reviewing your LINKcat account. Belleville Library will forgive fines on all returned items and no overdue fines will be charged for the quarantine period. Our library is fine free, except for Hotspots.
- Due dates during the pandemic:
- Items checked out at Belleville will not be charged a late fee for the quarantine period.
- If you check out at another library, please consult your receipt or LINKcat account for the due dates.
- Please bring back what you have checked out during the past months.
Do Belleville materials need to be returned to the Belleville Public Library?
No. The Belleville Public Library is a member of SCLS which has delivery service throughout the state. Materials returned to any of the SCLS libraries are checked in at that library and sent back to the owning library.