Skip to main content
Library Services Available
Library Services FAQ
Welcome to Belleville Public Library
- We are open:
- Monday - Thursday – 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday - 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday – 9:00am - Noon
- Browse the shelves.
- Magazines and newspapers are available to read in the Quiet Reading Room.
- Use our computers or bring your own device.
- Our three study rooms are available for up to two hours. Study room use is limited to 2 or 3 people depending on size. Ask at the circulation desk to use a study room.
- Check out your selections and pick up holds at the Circulation Desk. We also have a self checkout station.
- Request materials at the Circulation Desk or at the two LINKcat stations located in the adult and children's areas.
- Get a library card. Bring photo ID and proof of address.
- Photocopy, fax, and WiFi printing services. The first 10 pages of B&W photocopying or printing is free. Fax service is $1 per page
- Exam Proctoring by appointment.
- State Bike Trail Passes are available for purchase at the library. Cash or check only (made out to the Belleville Public Library).
- $25 Annual or $5 Daily
- A state trail pass is required for all people age 16 or older biking, cross-country skiing, horseback riding or in-line skating on certain trails. A state trail pass is not required for walking or hiking. Wisconsin state trail pass fees are the same for residents and non-residents. The annual pass is good for the calendar year and the daily pass is good for the day of purchase.
- Return items in our bookdrops.
- Walk-up bookdrop outside near the main entrance.
- Drive-thru bookdrop on Mark Ave. (it's one way!)
- Return bin near circulation desk.
- If you need staff assistance, call 424-1812 to speak to a librarian.
Curbside Pickup Also Available
- Pickups will be made by appointment and will be contactless.
- Your requested items will be checked out, bagged and set outside on the Library bench at your scheduled time. Please be prompt in arriving. Maintain appropriate social distancing for everyone’s protection.
- If you are unable to leave your car, please indicate that when scheduling your pickup. Pop your trunk and library staff will place your library items there and close the trunk.
- Your items will be bagged to protect your privacy and to avoid damage to library materials. A slip with the due dates will be included.
Requesting Library Materials
- Use LINKcat to place a hold on items from anywhere in the South Central Library System.
- How do I limit what I see in LINKcat to Available at Belleville?
- Call the Library at 424-1812 during our open hours for assistance in requesting books, DVDs, magazines, and more. We are happy to help you find what you need.
- When you have holds ready for pickup, you will receive an automated phone call or email notice. Then, either stop in to pick them up or call the Library to schedule a Curbside Pickup time.
- If you receive a notice of a hold item that you no longer want, please call the Library so the next person waiting can receive it.
Returning Library Materials
- Library materials can be returned to either outside bookdrop at any time.
- Our library is fine free, except for Hotspots. Items that are not returned within 28 days are considered lost and your library account is billed for their replacement.
- Check your receipt or LINKcat account for each item's due date.
Library Card Questions
- Need a library card to request library materials in LINKcat, access ebooks in Overdrive or Libby, or browse our other online resources? Have a card and can’t find it or have forgotten your PIN? Please call or stop in to the library.
- Download a paper form and bring the filled-out form to the library. Full details and downloadable form here.