- Library Services Available
Library Services FAQ
Come In to Your New Library
- We have returned to normal service hours
- Monday - Thursday – 9 am - 7 pm
- Friday - 9 am -5 pm
- Saturday – 9 am - noon
Are Masks Required?
- No, with the lifting of the Public Health orders on June 2, masks and physical distancing will be strongly recommended and appreciated, but no longer required.
- We ask all library users to use their discretion and remember that children under the age of 12 cannot be vaccinated yet and that some library users may have a limited immune response.
- Library staff will continue to wear masks when interacting with the public.
How many people can be at the Library
- Fifty (50) people can be at the Library.
- Check the lobby monitor or here to see our real-time Occupancy Level.
How are we protecting our community
- The Library is a public space used by many throughout the day. We continue to follow Public Health recommendations to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Library staff will continue to wear masks while interacting with the public. The glass barrier at the circulation desk will remain in place.
- We ask that you use hand sanitizer before handling library materials, using the copier, and when leaving the building.
- Library staff will frequently wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Our cleaning service disinfects restrooms and high touch surfaces as part of their daily cleaning routine.
- Library staff will disinfect the keyboard, mouse, and table top in study rooms after use.
- Library programming for all ages will continue to be either virtual or outdoors.
- Curbside pickup is available for those who prefer a contactless option. Call the Library to schedule.
- Browse the shelves. Magazines will be available for browsing on tables.
- Use our computer or your laptop in one of our three study rooms for up to two hours. Study room use is limited to one person or members of the same household. Ask at the circulation desk to use a study room.
- Check out your selections and pick up holds at the Circulation Desk. Self checkout station coming soon.
- Request materials at the Circulation Desk or at the two LINKcat stations located in the adult and children's areas.
- Get a library card. Bring photo ID and proof of address.
- Photocopy, fax, and WiFi printing services. The first 10 pages of B&W photocopying or printing is free. Fax service is $1 per page
- State Bike Trail Passes are available for purchase at the library. Cash or check only (made out to the Belleville Public Library).
- $25 Annual or $5 Daily
- A state trail pass is required for all people age 16 or older biking, cross-country skiing, horseback riding or in-line skating on certain trails. A state trail pass is not required for walking or hiking. Wisconsin state trail pass fees are the same for residents and non-residents. The annual pass is good for the calendar year and the daily pass is good for the day of purchase.
- Return items in our bookdrops.
- Walk-up bookdrop outside near the main entrance.
- Drive-thru bookdrop on Mark Ave. (it's one way!)
- Return bin near circulation desk.
- If you need staff assistance, call 424-1812 to speak to a librarian.
- If you don’t feel well, please don’t come into the Library. Call to schedule a Curbside Pickup or call to arrange to have someone else pickup your holds.
Curbside Pickup Also Available
- Pickups will be made by appointment and will be contactless.
- Your requested items will be checked out, bagged and set outside on the Library bench at your scheduled time. Please be prompt in arriving. Maintain appropriate social distancing for everyone’s protection.
- If you are unable to leave your car, please indicate that when scheduling your pickup. Pop your trunk and library staff will place your library items there and close the trunk.
- Your items will be bagged to protect your privacy and to avoid damage to library materials. A slip with the due dates will be included.
Requesting Library Materials
- Use LINKcat to place a hold on items from anywhere in the South Central Library System.
- How do I limit what I see in LINKcat to Available at Belleville?
- Call the Library at 424-1812 during our open hours for assistance in requesting books, DVDs, magazines, and more. We are happy to help you find what you need.
- When you have holds ready for pickup, you will receive an automated phone call or email notice. Then, either stop in to pick them up or call the Library to schedule a Curbside Pickup time.
- If you receive a notice of a hold item that you no longer want, please call the Library so the next person waiting can receive it.
Returning Library Materials
- Library materials can be returned to either outside bookdrop at any time.
- We are no longer quarantining library materials. The current scientific evidence does not indicate that touching library materials or surfaces is a significant risk for becoming infected with Covid-19, which spreads primarily through aerosol transmission. Public Health Madison & Dane County has approved this change. If library patrons are still concerned, we suggest that you set aside checked out items for a day or two before using them.
- Our library is fine free, except for Hotspots. Items that are not returned within 28 days are considered lost and your library account is billed for their replacement.
- Check your receipt or LINKcat account for each item's due date.
Library Card Questions
- Need a library card to request library materials in LINKcat, access ebooks in Overdrive or Libby, or browse our other online resources? Have a card and can’t find it or have forgotten your PIN? Please call or stop in to the library.
- Download a paper form and bring the filled-out form to the library. Full details and downloadable form here.