- Library Services Available
Library Services FAQ
Come In to the New Library
- We have returned to normal service hours
- Monday - Thursday – 9 am - 7 pm
- Friday - 9 am -5 pm
- Saturday – 9 am - noon
What you can do at the new library now:
- Check out your holds at the Circulation Desk.
- Request materials at the Circulation Desk.
- Get a library card. Bring photo ID and proof of address.
- Photocopy and WiFi printing services. The first 10 pages of photocopying or printing is free. Due to a delay in our phone installation, we are unable to provide fax service at this time.
- State Bike Trail Passes are available for purchase at the library. Cash or check only (made out to the Belleville Public Library).
- $25 Annual or $5 Daily
- A state trail pass is required for all people age 16 or older biking, cross-country skiing, horseback riding or in-line skating on certain trails. A state trail pass is not required for walking or hiking. Wisconsin state trail pass fees are the same for residents and non-residents. The annual pass is good for the calendar year and the daily pass is good for the day of purchase.
- Return items in our bookdrops.
- Walk-up bookdrop outside near the main entrance.
- Drive-thru bookdrop on Mark Ave. (it's one way!)
- Return bin near circulation desk.
- Additional Services will be added as the Coronavirus numbers lower.
- At this time we can allow up to ten people in the Library at a time to pick up holds. We have a monitor in the lobby to let you know how many people are in the library before you go in. Please wait in the lobby for your turn if there are already ten people inside the library. You can call us at 424-1812 if you'd like your holds checked out and brought to the lobby.
- Visitors age five and up must wear a face mask covering both nose and mouth while in the building. If you are unable to wear a face mask, a Curbside Pickup or digital services can be provided. Recognizing that wearing face coverings may not be possible in every situation or for some people, Belleville Public Library will make reasonable accommodations for those requesting them. These accommodations do not include admittance to the facility.
- Access will be restricted to the hallway and central portion around the circulation desk. When you visit you will be able to see into most areas of the Library.
- If you need staff assistance, call 424-1812 to speak to a librarian. Please be aware that this phone number is being forwarded to a temporary number, so you might notice that we are returning your call from a different number.
- If you don’t feel well, please don’t come into the Library. Call to schedule a Curbside Pickup or call to arrange to have someone else pickup your holds.
Curbside Pickup Also Available
- Pickups will be made by appointment and will be contactless.
- Your requested items will be checked out, bagged and set outside the Library at your scheduled time. Please be prompt in arriving. Maintain appropriate social distancing for everyone’s protection.
- If you are unable to leave your car, please indicate that when scheduling your pickup. Pop your trunk and library staff will place your library items there and close the trunk.
- Your items will be bagged to protect your privacy and to avoid damage to library materials. A slip with the due dates will be included.
Requesting Library Materials
- Use LINKcat to place a hold on items from anywhere in the South Central Library System.
- How do I limit what I see in LINKcat to Available at Belleville?
- Call the Library at 424-1812 during our open hours for assistance in requesting books, DVDs, magazines, and more. We are happy to help you find what you need.
- Items coming into the Library are quarantined. Library staff wear a mask and wash hands often when handling library materials prior to checkout.
- Don’t use disinfecting products on library materials or put them in the microwave (they catch on fire!). If you are concerned, set aside library materials for a few extra days of quarantine time before using them.
- When you have holds ready for pickup, you will receive an automated phone call or email notice. Then, either stop in to pick them up or call the Library to schedule a Curbside Pickup time.
- If you receive a notice of a hold item that you no longer want, please call the Library so the next person waiting can receive it.
Returning Library Materials
- Library materials can be returned to either outside bookdrop at any time.
- Returned items are quarantined before staff handles items for check in and re-shelving. You may notice this delay when reviewing your LINKcat account. Belleville Library will forgive fines on all returned items and no overdue fines will be charged for the quarantine period. Our library is fine free, except for Hotspots.
- Check your receipt or LINKcat account for each item's due date.
Library Card Questions