How can I find out what I have checked out on my card?
You can check for overdue items, renew items, place holds, and check the status of holds through several ways:
- Online through LINKcat between 7 a.m. and 3 a.m.
- Use the public access computer workstations to access LINKcat at the library.
- Use your touchtone phone to obtain information on items currently checked out, items being held, or to renew items. Call LINK TeleCirc: (608) 242-4700 (24 hours a day).
- Phone your local library for answers to specific questions or for assistance.
With the above access methods you will need your library card number (barcode) and PIN in order to access your record.
I don't own a computer. Is there some way I can find out about my library record?
Yes! If you have a touch tone phone, you can use TeleCirc to find out the titles currently checked out on your card, find out what you have on hold, or renew items. TeleCirc is a LINK library telephone information service. Using any touch tone phone you are able to:
- List, with due dates, all items you currently have checked out, including overdue items.
- Renew items from a title list or by entering the item barcode number.
- List items currently on hold for you, including title, pickup location and the last date it will be held. You may also cancel these holds.
TeleCirc starts when you call (608) 242-4700. You will hear a voice asking for your library barcode number and PIN. When prompted, enter these numbers by pressing the keys on your telephone. You will then hear a list of choices available. Enter the number for your choice and follow the spoken instructions.
TeleCirc uses synthesized speech, so please excuse any mispronunciations. TeleCirc is available 24 hours a day.
I want to protect my card from anyone else using it-- can I do that?
All library cards have an associated PIN to help ensure the confidentiality of your library record. Your PIN must be entered after your barcode when placing a hold or to look at your library record. If you do not know your PIN, contact the library at (608)424-1812.