The Friends of the Belleville Public Library is a non-profit organization dedicated to our library and its cultural, educational, and recreational value to our community.
The mission of the Friends of the Belleville Public Library, Inc. is to:
- Maintain an association of persons interested in libraries, life-long learning, and cultural programs
- Focus public attention on the library and educate the community in the use of library resources and services
- Receive and encourage gifts and bequests to the library
- Support and cooperate with the library in developing library services and facilities for the community
- Financial sponsorship of adult and children's cultural and educational programs
What We Do
The Friends provide volunteers and funds to support the library's goals and improve local library services and facilities. Here are some recent examples:
- Books for Babies literacy program
- Provide funds for materials and equipment purchases
- Co-sponsor annual Cookie Walk and Tree Lighting
- Celebrates National Library Week with events for children and adults
- Raised funds for new library
You can email questions to BellevillePublicLibraryFriends [at] gmail.com or visit our Facebook page.