Extended 'Safer at Home' order allows Curbsite Pickup
Belleville Public Library will now provide curbside pick-up of books and other library materials following the provisions in the Governor’s order and guidelines from the CDC and Dane County Public Health.
To maximize safety for both library patrons and staff, pick-ups must be scheduled and contact-less. Staff will use gloves and cloth face coverings when handling materials.
The library will remain closed to the public by the Governor’s Safer at Home order.
Only materials currently at Belleville Public Library will be available. Holds on materials from other libraries cannot be filled at this time. The SCLS Delivery vans are not running.
Requesting Library Materials
- Use LINKcat to place a hold on items owned by Belleville Public Library. Library staff will contact you when your item(s) are available to schedule a pickup time. You will also receive the usual, automated notification that you have holds ready for pickup.
- How do I limit what I see in LINKcat to Available at Belleville? Here are instructions (pdf)
- Or call the Library at 424-1812 on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 9am and Noon for assistance in requesting materials. We are happy to help you find what you need.
- Your requested items will be bagged and set on a table outside the library at your scheduled time. Please be prompt in arriving. If someone else is there picking up, please stay in your car until they have left the area. Maintain appropriate social distancing for everyone’s protection.
- If you are unable to leave your car, please indicate that when scheduling pickup. Pop your trunk and library staff will place your library items there and close the trunk.
- Your items will be bagged to protect your privacy and to avoid damage to library materials. All checked out items have a due date of July 1.
- Don’t use disinfecting products on materials. Consider setting aside library materials for an additional 72 hour quarantine period before using if you are concerned.
How To Help Us
- Please help us by keeping the books, DVDs, etc. you have checked out a little while longer. All due dates have been extended until July 1. We are working on a plan to handle quarantining and storing the thousands of items that are checked out to households in our community.
- Please be prompt when picking up at your scheduled time.•
- Make sure your contact information is correct in LINKcat.
News regarding the library closure and available services during this time will be posted here and sent through our eNews email list. You can also follow us on Facebook (even without an account) by clicking on the Facebook “F” icon on the left sideat the bottom of our website homepage. Click “not now” when it prompts you to login.
Have a Question
Although we cannot be with you in-person, we are finding ways to provide additional services online. A staff member working at home is monitoring the email@example.com email for your questions. We intend to respond within one business day, but please be patient with us if circumstances require a longer time to get back to you.
Michelle will be recording Storytime and Craft videos weekly. They can be found at the Childrens tab on our website or click here.
E-books and E-audiobooks
Great News! Our statewide Overdrive and Libby app service has received a $250,000 grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS). This federal funding will significantly help meet increased demand for electronic books and audiobooks. Funds will be split between purchasing over 2000 new titles and increasing the number of titles that can be used simultaneously by multiple users (which fills over 18,000 holds immediately). In addition, the Madison Public Library Foundation and South Central Library System (SCLS) have contributed over $150,000 to purchase additional copies of high-demand electronic materials for Overdrive that will be available only to SCLS library patrons.
Need chapter books, nonfiction books, graphic novels, or picture books (including read-to-me versions) for your young reader? Try Tumblebooks. Just login with your library card barcode. Tumblebooks runs from your internet browser with no special software or device needed. For kids K-6th grade.
Tax forms have been moved to Village Hall. Call 424-3341 to schedule a time to pick up forms.
Due to these special circumstances, you can now access Ancestry from home to do genealogical research. You will need to enter your library card barcode to get access.
Other Online Resources
Take some time to explore our online resources. There is much here to inform and entertain you. As additional services are made temporarily available to us while we are all social distancing, they will be added to the list.
Please stay home and stay safe. We are here to help as we can during these challenging times. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.