Curbside Pickup Continues
Due to the rising number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Dane County and the Public Health Department’s order reducing group sizes as of July 2nd, Belleville Public Library will continue offering Curbside Pickup at this time.
The Library had planned to begin the next phase of our reopening on July 6th, which would have allowed patrons to come into the lobby to pick up holds without an appointment. We will delay the start of Express Checkout until the number of cases lowers again. We are disappointed to not be able to make this step forward, but believe that the rising trends need to be respected to keep our community and staff safe.
We have Curbside Pickup appointments available for you to get your holds. See below for how to request books, DVDs, magazines, and other library materials for Curbside Pickup.
Small town libraries are known as community gathering places, and we love to be that for Belleville. However, in the time of COVID-19, we all need to work together to provide library services in a way that protects community members and library staff.
Thank you for your cooperation and support as we navigate this difficult time.
If you have questions, please call the Library at 424-1812. Staff will be happy to help you.
Requesting Library Materials
- Use LINKcat to place a hold on items owned by Belleville Public Library. How do I limit what I see in LINKcat to Available at Belleville?
- Or call the Library at 424-1812 from 9am – 5pm on Monday through Friday for assistance in requesting books, DVDs, magazines, and more. We are happy to help you find what you need.
- Holds on materials from other libraries are slowly being filled. The library system delivery service is not yet able to operate at full staffing.
- All materials leaving the building have undergone a quarantine process while staff are wearing PPE.
- When you have holds ready for pickup, you will receive an automated phone call or email notice. Then, call the library to schedule a pickup time.
- Pickups will be made by appointment and contactless.
- Your requested items will be bagged and set on a table outside the library at your scheduled time. Please be prompt in arriving. If someone else is there picking up, please stay in your car until they have left the area. Maintain appropriate social distancing for everyone’s protection.
- If you are unable to leave your car, please indicate that when scheduling pickup. Pop your trunk and library staff will place your library items there and close the trunk.
- Your items will be bagged to protect your privacy and to avoid damage to library materials. A slip with the due dates will be included.
- Don’t use disinfecting products on library materials or put them in the microwave. If you are concerned, set aside library materials for an additional 72 hour quarantine period.
Returning Library Materials
- Library materials can be returned to the outside Dropbox on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between 9am and 5pm. At other times the Dropbox will be locked as part of our library materials quarantine procedure.
- Returned items are quarantined 72 hours before staff handles items for check in and re-shelving. You may notice this delay when reviewing your LINKcat account.
- All dues dates have been extended to August 1. No fines are being charged at this time. Please begin bringing back what you have checked out during the past months.
Library Card Questions
- Need a library card to request library materials in LINKcat, access ebooks in Overdrive or Libby, or browse our other online resources? You can apply here for a card. Have a card and can’t find it or have forgotten your PIN? Request help here.
Photocopies and Faxing
- If you need photocopies, printing, or something faxed, call to schedule an appointment. Staff will copy, print, or fax while you wait outside. Please pay with exact cash or by check. Staff can tell you the amount when making the appointment.
- If you would like to purchase state trail passes, call the Library at 424-1812 to schedule a curbside appointment. Passes are $25 for an annual pass and $5 for daily. Payment may be with a check made out to Belleville Public Library or with exact cash.
Paying Library Fines
- If you have minor amounts on your account, please wait to pay them so we can reduce the handling of cash.
- If you have late fees or charges for lost or damaged items that are over $10, you can pay online in your LINKcat account. If that is not an option, a check payable to Belleville Public Library is preferable to cash.
- If the lost or damaged item belongs to another library and you are paying by check, we will have you make out the check to that library so we can send it directly to them.
How To Help Us
- Please be prompt for your scheduled time.
- Make sure your contact information is correct in LINKcat.
- Maintain social distancing and be considerate of other people’s space.
News regarding the library reopening and available services during this time will be posted here and sent through our eNews email list. You can also follow us on Facebook (even without an account) by clicking on the Facebook “F” icon on the left side at the bottom of our website homepage. Click “not now” when it prompts you to login.
Have a Question
Although we cannot be with you in-person, we are happy to help you.
- Call us at 424-1812 between 9 am to 5 pm on Monday through Friday.
- A staff member working at home is monitoring the email@example.com email for your questions. We intend to respond within one business day, but please be patient with us if circumstances require a longer time to get back to you.