Virtual Workshops by the Job Center of Wisconsin
Job center workshops presented online through a webinar. Registration is required. Click the link to see the list of workshops and to register.
This is not put on through the library. Also click on the link to watch recorded workshops.
- Resume Tools handout
- Job Seeker Collection (Start here!) Job posting sites, resume building, skills, etc. One stop information.
- LAWDS Unemployment resources from DPI
- Job Seeker (DPI) Browse job postings in all industries including county and city government. Brush up on job seeking skills like resumes, cover letters, and interviewing. Find housing information if you're relocating, and resources for veterans and released offenders.
- Job Center of WI Find Job Listings, Get Ready to Apply for Jobs, Apply for Unemployment Insurance, Explore State Resources, Explore Job Programs and Community Resources by County, Overcome Barriers to Employment, and Supports and Return to Workforce Development Resources.
- Job Center Events Drive thru job fairs and more
- WiscJobs Wisconsin Government Jobs
- Farmers in Transition A collection of resources gathered by Workforce Development. For Farmers Transitioning to Non-Farm Work.
- GCF Learn Free.org Provides free tutorials and classes on a wide range of subjects from basic reading and math to using the internet to Microsoft Office products.
- CareerOneStop Job training, resume tips, videos, and more.
- Learning Express Library Achieve your educational and career goals. Tests, Tutorials, ebooks, flashcards and more. Courses available in College Preparation; High School Equivalency; College Admissions Test Preparation, School Center (K-12); College Students, Adult Core Skills, Recursos Para Hispanohablantes.
- Job Center Training Training programs, apprenticeships, and more.
- Transparent Languages Provides a fun, effective, and engaging experience for learners of all levels looking to build their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in a foreign language. Combining extensive courses and supplemental resources for over 100 languages, including English. Subscription service. Use your Library Card for free access.
- 211wisconsin.org United Way Referral
- Belleville Food Pantry
- Business Relief and Information from WEDC
- CARES Act – Expanded unemployment benefits - from DWD.
- Unemployment COVID-19 Public Information – for people laid off during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak - from DWD.
- DWD COVID-19 Information - Links in Spanish and Hmong
- Coronavirus Information and Resources – Call '211' or Text your zip code to '898211' for assistance. (Help available in 180 languages).
- Protect yourself financially from the impact of the coronavirus (English) – Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Proteja sus finanzas del impacto del coronavirus (Español) – Oficina para la Protección Financiera del Consumidor (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)
- COVID-19 Related Layoff and Unemployment Benefits
- Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19 - From UW- Extension
- Financial Resources to Help Get Through COVID-19 Espanol - From UW- Extension
- Job Center Economic Assistance
- Governor Evers Work Search Waiver Announcement 3/17/2020
- WEX - Work EXperience Grant Program for dislocated workers and long-term unemployed job seekers