Historic issues of the Belleville Recorder (previously the Sugar River Recorder) from 1887-1923 are now searchable online through the library's BadgerLink subscription.
These papers were digitized from our microfiche collection as part of a grant-funded project through the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium and WiLS (formerly Wisconsin Library Services). We hope that they will continue the project to add more issues in the future, but in the meantime you can always visit the library to view them on microfiche.
- Click BadgerLink (link provided here for your convenience. It's also available on the homepage, and on the Online Resources page).
- In the Browse by Format drop-down, choose Newspapers.
- Click Archive of Wisconsin Newspapers.
- Select "Search Historical Newspapers".
- Click "Uncheck all", and then check only Belleville Recorder (1887-1923).