Extended 'Safer at Home' order allows Curbsite Pickup
Belleville Public Library now provides curbside pick-up of books and other library materials following the provisions in the Governor’s order and guidelines from the CDC and Dane County Public Health.
To maximize safety for both library patrons and staff, pick-ups must be scheduled and contact-less. Staff will use gloves and cloth face coverings when handling materials.
The library will remain closed to the public by the Governor’s Safer at Home order.
Mainly materials currently at Belleville Public Library will be available. Holds on materials from other libraries will take longer to fill at this time. The SCLS Delivery vans are not running as often.
Requesting Library Materials
- Use LINKcat to place a hold on items owned by Belleville Public Library. Library staff will contact you when your item(s) are available to schedule a pickup time. You will also receive the usual, automated notification that you have holds ready for pickup.
- How do I find Belleville-Only items in LINKcat? Intructions for Finding Available Belleville Items on Shelf
- Or call the Library at 424-1812 on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 9am and Noon for assistance in requesting materials. We are happy to help you find what you need.
- Your requested items will be bagged and set on a table outside the library at your scheduled time. Please be prompt in arriving. If someone else is there picking up, please stay in your car until they have left the area. Maintain appropriate social distancing for everyone’s protection.
- If you are unable to leave your car, please indicate that when scheduling pickup. Pop your trunk and library staff will place your library items there and close the trunk.
- Your items will be bagged to protect your privacy and to avoid damage to library materials. All checked out items have a due date of July 1.
- Don’t use disinfecting products on materials. Consider setting aside library materials for an additional 72 hour quarantine period before using if you are concerned.
How To Help Us
- Please help us by keeping the books, DVDs, etc. you have checked out a little while longer. All due dates have been extended until July 1. We are working on a plan to handle quarantining and storing the thousands of items that are checked out to households in our community.
- Please be prompt when picking up at your scheduled time.
- Make sure your contact information is correct in LINKcat.