The Library provides important job readiness support and technology skills training through its free technology & computer sessions.
Classes on various computer skills and programs are offered throughout the year and are posted to our Events Calendar. Any prerequisite skills are listed for each class.
Recommended Resources for Self-Paced Learning
The following resources are helpful for learning computer skills from home at your own pace.
These websites offer reading tutorials on various topics, from basic computer skills to internet safety considerations to programs like Facebook, Microsoft Office products, and more.
These websites offer exercises and games to help you practice using the mouse and keyboard. Note that the games don't work on all internet browsers. We recommend using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer.
One-on-One Technology Sessions
Want some help with a specific computer task? Schedule a 30- to 60-minute appointment for one-on-one technology help. Some example topics are listed below.
- Set up an email or Facebook account.
- Upload photos to Facebook.
- Attach photos to an email.
- Organize your documents and pictures into folders.
- Transfer photos or documents from a camera, phone, or flash drive to your computer.
- Create and edit documents and spreadsheets.
- Search the Internet.
- Other...you name it, and we'll do our best to help!
To schedule a technology session, please call 608-424-1812.